MC Scholarship Newsletter - January 2019
Moorpark College Foundation Scholarships
The online scholarship application is now open.
If you are enrolled at Moorpark College this spring semester, you can apply ONLINE for the Moorpark College Foundation Scholarships using the online Scholarship Search tool.
One application can lead to many scholarship opportunities.
Click on the link below to access the Scholarship Search application and to view a list of the available scholarships:
To ensure your application receives full consideration, complete the application by answering as many questions as possible. The more information you provide, the more opportunities you will have to be matched to various scholarships. Scholarship matches are based on the answers you provide in the application including: your personal statement essay, community service, leadership and work experience. Also, financial need, education history and a letter of recommendation from a Moorpark College faculty member.
The deadline to submit your online application will be: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 by 11:59 pm.
The transcripts you upload to the application must have the fall semester 2018 grades.
For any questions regarding the application process, please email the scholarship office at: email@example.com or call (805) 553-4187.
Discover - Let's Make a Difference Scholarship
Submit by - Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Each year, the National Engineer's Week Committee of Ventura County and Santa Barbara Counties awards scholarships to a select group of students attending a 2 or 4 year college in the region who are working towards an engineering degree. Last year, the Discover - Let's Make a Difference scholarship awarded 10 scholarships for $1,000 each.
- Must be studying towards an engineering or technical degree related to engineering
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college in the Ventura or Santa Barbara Counties
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
For more information and to apply visit: newc-vsb.weebly.com/scholarships.html
Moorpark College Relief Fund
The Moorpark College Foundation’s Emergency Relief Fund is accepting applications from students, faculty, and staff impacted by the recent fires and Borderline tragedy. This Fund is made possible by generous donors from across our campus and county – it is intended to provide financial support to persons experiencing hardship as a result of the difficult challenges so many here at Moorpark College have recently experienced.
Funding in the amount of $200 per awardee will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are depleted.
To be eligible, applicants must have been enrolled for the Fall 2018 at Moorpark College and have proof of enrollment for Spring 2019 at Moorpark College or a transfer institution. Faculty and staff may also apply with proof of employment at Moorpark College for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters. Applicants will also need to provide a verifiable loss of income and/or financial loss due to the damage of rental property. All applications will be reviewed and awarded by the MC Foundation – they will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are depleted.
For more information or to apply, please contact the Moorpark College Foundation at - firstname.lastname@example.org or visit A-109 (across from the Student Health Center in the Administration building).
Thank you to all who have made this Relief Fund possible. Anyone looking to donate to the Emergency Relief Fund may still do so here – we thank you for your support.
Ventura County Community Foundation Scholarships
Ventura County Community Foundation (VCCF) scholarships are created by donors to assist local students pursuing higher education. The VCCF Scholarship Program opens doors of educational opportunity by matching students of all backgrounds to scholarships they are eligible for. There are many categories of scholarships and we encourage you to apply!
Where can I apply?
- The application is done entirely online - the link to apply is: https://vccf.org/apply-for-scholarship
After clicking "Yes, I'm ready," will need to click the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner and create an account. You will then fill out a questionnaire which will match you to scholarships you are eligible for - you can apply for as many scholarships as the program recommends for you!
- Each student will create his/her own user account and the student’s personal email address will be the username for login purposes. Please remember your password!
- You will need the following in order to submit an application:
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a teacher at the school you're currently attending.
- Your most recent academic transcript.
- One brief 300-500 word essay. Some scholarships require an additional essay in response to a specific prompt.
Asking for a Letter of Recommendation:
- Well in advance of the application deadline, talk with your chosen references (in person) and tell them why you are applying and what you hope to accomplish in the future.
- The application program will send an email request to your chosen references; students will not see the letters, but they will be notified that they have been submitted.
Timeline for Application Process:
Applications must be submitted no later then January 30, 2019 by 10:00 p.m.
Early applications are welcome.
- Students are notified by letter around mid-May of the results of their application Note: Please make sure to keep us posted if you move or change your address.
- Your scholarship will be mailed to your enrolled school's scholarship office following proof of your enrollment for the Fall semester.
Ventura County Retired Teachers Association Scholarship
Submit your application by - Sunday, April 14, 2019
The Ventura County Retired Teachers Association scholarship is for students entering their junior year or higher at a California college/university with the intent to pursue a career in public education. Awards vary; last year, the Ventura County RTA awarded scholarships averaging $2,000.
- Must be a student of Ventura County
- In their 3rd year or higher
- Must intend to pursue a career in public education
Come by the Moorpark College Scholarship Office in Fountain Hall, room 210C to pickup an application.