Instructions for applying online to the Moorpark College Paramedic Studies Program Spring 2023
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Moorpark College Paramedic Studies Program. To apply to the program, please carefully follow the instructions below. If you have questions, please contact the Health Sciences Department office at 805-378-1433.
1) ALL official transcripts from outside the Ventura County Community College District (Moorpark, Ventura, Oxnard Colleges) must be on file with Moorpark College Admissions and Records BEFORE submitting your application.
Admissions and Records accepts transcripts by official electronic method and official hard copy (original, sealed/unopened envelope). Official electronic method is preferred. The addresses for Moorpark College Admissions and Records is:
ATTN: Admissions and Records
7075 Campus Road
Moorpark, CA 93021
If submitting transcripts from a Los Angeles Community College District college, the hard copy official transcript is preferred over the electronic version.
Do NOTsend a Moorpark, Ventura, or Oxnard College transcripts to the Admissions and Records office.
2) Download a copy of the Moorpark College Paramedic Studies Program application from:
3) Complete, sign, and date the application. Please hand sign the application either by printing the form and signing it; or by using a stylus or your finger on a touchpad or tablet screen. Typed signatures will not be accepted.
4) After completing and signing the application, you must create a single PDF file containing the application, additional documents, and requested items listed on the application as applicable. Required documents and records are listed here for your convenience:
Revised 11212022 JE
The completed, signed, and dated application. Please have the application be the first page of the PDF file.
Current Basic Life Support course completion card from the American Heart Association (AHA), the American Red Cross(ARC), or a third-party provider. (The course completion card must reference the Basic Life Support course content, in accordance with ECC Guidelines. ANY other course completion card will not be accepted)
Copy of applicant's current EMT Certification. (i.e., NREMT Certification, California EMT Certification, etc.)**If the EMT Certification expires while enrolled in or prior to the Paramedic Program, students will be ineligible to complete the Paramedic Program, and dropped for failure to remain compliant with the regulatory standards.
Copy of the applicant's valid California driver’s License.
Copy of the applicant's DD-214 form, if applicable. Copy of applicant's official high school transcripts or proof of successful completion of the GED. (email@example.com)
Copy of applicant's official transcripts from all attended colleges and/or universities, with dates of conferred degrees if applicable. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copies of applicant's COVID vaccination records. (Medical and Religious waivers or exemptions will not be accepted.)
Three (3) separate letters of reference in support of the applicant's eligibility for enrollment. (A personal reference, a professional reference, and an academic or school-based reference)
An essay of 500 to 750 words, describing your experiences, values, motivations, knowledge, skills, and abilities which make you the most suitable candidate for the Moorpark College Paramedic Program. (Double spaced, 12 font)1
(OPTIONAL) Letter from your employer, verifying the total number of completed hours and nature of your work as an EMT. Must be on official agency or organization letterhead, as well as the physical signature of an immediate supervisor.
5) Rename the PDF file in this format: LastName_FirstName_YearApplying
Example: If an applicant’s name is Jaime Smith and they are applying during the 2022 application period, the file name should appear as: Smith_Jaime_2022.pdf Revised 11212022 JE
6) After saving and renaming the PDF file, log in to the my.vcccd.edu portal and access your @my.vcccd.edu email.
7) Start a new email from your @my.vcccd.edu email.
a) Address the email to: email@example.com
b) In the Subject line, type in “Paramedic Studies Program Application”.
c) Attach the single PDF file with your application materials to the email. Do not send the PDF file from inside of the Adobe software program.
d) Please do not include questions with your email; the recipient address is for receiving applications only. If you have questions, please call the Health Sciences Department at 805-378-1433 before sending the application.
e) Send the email by the application deadline.
f) Within 3 business days, you will receive a reply email that your application was received. This is not confirmation that your application was complete.
8) After the application period ends, there will be a waiting period of possibly 4-6 months for review of the applications that were submitted. • Be mindful of the instructions regarding transcripts.
• Make sure you’ve signed and dated the application. A typed signature is not acceptable.
• The application materials attached to the email must be in one single PDF file.
• Applications will not be accepted from a firstname.lastname@example.org email addresses.
• If you have any questions, please call the Health Sciences Department office at 805-378-1433.
Critical steps to remember
Be mindful of the instructions regarding transcripts.
Make sure you’ve signed and dated the application. A typed signature is not acceptable.
The application materials attached to the email must be in one single PDF file.
Applications will not be accepted from a email@example.com email addresses.
If you have any questions, please call the Health Sciences Department office at 805-378-1433.
Thank you for your interest in the Moorpark College Paramedic Studies Program!