The 29th annual Multicultural Day will be held on Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at Moorpark College. Our theme is "Voices Matter".
This year's theme was inspired by the TED Talk "The Danger of a Single Story".
The annual alternative day of instruction features insightful lectures, breathtaking performances, amazing exhibits, thought-provoking presentations, exciting demonstrations, energetic panel discussions, experiential exercises, innovative storytelling, inspiring music, rhythmic dance, dramatic theater, and hands-on activities. All of this is coupled with informational, educational, and merchant booths from local and international organizations, and appetizing food offerings.
Multicultural Day is organized as an alternative teaching day. Some faculty may allow students to attend several of the events in lieu of attending their regular classes. Classes are not canceled, however, and some regular class meetings must be held due to academic program requirements. Local K-12 schools, as well as nearby colleges, are invited to bring their students to see and hear music, dance, drama and lectures. Admission to Multicultural Day is free and all events are open to the public.
T-shirts and tote bags available for purchase. Please contact Tamarra Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ranford Hopkins and Cynthia Barnett Multicultural Day Scholarship
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Continuing at MC or transferring to a 4-year college/university fall 2019
- Additional essay required on "your involvement in multicultural or diversity related activities or endeavors within the last two years."
- Two letters of recommendation required
Award: $500 To apply, click the link below and log in with your school ID
- You must create a 4’ x 8’ poster around a research topic that you choose to pursue
- Must be currently enrolled at Moorpark College
- Sponsored by MC Honors Program and Multicultural Day Planning Committee, but need not be in an Honors course or member of the Honors Program to participate
Award: 3 awards from $100—$250 To apply, click the link below and log in with your school ID