As an F-1 status student admitted to the United States you must meet certain obligations set by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). The general obligations are as follows:
- Have a valid passport at all times.
- Attend the school you are authorized to attend on your I-20.
- Continue to carry a full course of study. A full course of study is to complete 12 units per semester, fall and spring.
- Leave the U.S. by the anticipated completion date on your I-20, or, prior to that date, apply for a program extension.
- Limit employment on campus to a total of 20 hours per week while school is in session.
- Refrain from off-campus employment without written authorization from USCIS or the school.
- Report a change of residence within 10 days of the change.
- An F-1 status student may not take more than one on-line class per semester.