Active Duty Military
The Moorpark College Veterans Resource Center is here to assist you in reaching your educational goals. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Note: Prospective active duty seeking to use TA should speak with their ESO or Counselor within their military service prior to enrolling.
Steps to Taking Courses at Moorpark College
- Apply to Admissions: This is a two-step process. You will be guided to create a username and password for the California Community College District. Complete information there and this will lead to a secondary application to Moorpark College.
- Check your email: You will receive an email from Moorpark College which can take 24 to 48 hours to receive. This email will provide instructions for you to follow.
- Set up student portal: The email from Moorpark College has a link to a wizard that will help you to set up your student portal. Make sure to write down your username which will be assigned to you from the district. You will create your own password.
- Attend online orientation: This is to be accessed through your My Success tab in your student portal. Click on the Orientation link. You will need to successfully answer all questions. The information to these questions can be found by reading the content of the page as well as watching videos.
- Obtain transcripts: Pull your Joint Services Transcripts to validate your military occupational experience. If you attended any other colleges, please obtain your unofficial college transcripts and bring them with you to your counseling appointment.
- Make an appointment: Steps 1-5 need to be completed before scheduling an appointment. For an appointment with a Veterans Resource Center Counselor call (805) 553-4106.
Paying for College
Here are a few guidelines to help you cover the cost of attending Moorpark College:
- Apply for free money to pay for tuition as well as offset the cost of books through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Tuition Assistance (TA): Speak with your command to determine whether you are eligible for TA. You may also use TA Decide to make an informed decision regarding colleges.
- If you are eligible for TA also speak with your Education Service Officer (ESO) for further guidance.
- Net Price Calculator: The net price calculator is a tool for students and parents to use to get an estimate of what it may cost to attend Moorpark College each year. The "net price" (cost of attendance minus grants and scholarships) is the amount students and/or their families will have to cover with work, savings, and/or loans.
- For further assistance with financial please call the Moorpark College Financial Aid Office at (805) 378-1462.
If you applied and received an email stating you are not a California resident but you are here on orders, please do the following:
- Obtain an electronic copy of your orders which state you are stationed in California.
- Contact the Moorpark College Admissions and Records Office at (805) 378-1429, follow the instructions that they provide.
To find books required for your classes, please have your class schedule and visit our campus bookstore's course materials finder. You can also use the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) for the textbooks required for your classes to search elsewhere online. You will find the ISBN on our bookstore site for the books your instructor requires.
If you are deployed while attending college...
You can apply for military withdrawal at the Moorpark College Admissions and Records Office.
Students requesting military withdrawal must present a written request for withdrawal and military orders verifying the dates and location of military assignment compelling withdrawal from classes to Admissions & Records.
Military withdrawal may be requested at any time upon your return to college.
Military withdrawals will not be counted as one of the three enrollment attempts allowed to achieve a passing grade, or in the calculation of academic progress for the determination of academic standing.
‘‘GI Bill®’’ is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)