An application is active for two years. If not admitted within two years of submitting your application, you will need to reapply.
The activities below are required while you wait for possible admission into the program. You may receive a letter including additional requirements.
- Keep your mailing address, phone number, and other contact information up to date. Submit changes both to the Health Sciences Department (in writing), and to Moorpark College (through my.vcccd.edu or at Registration & Records).
Strongly Recommended Activities
- Work on completing your General Education classes and other graduation requirements. The nursing program at Moorpark College is very demanding, and the clinical schedule is variable. This makes it difficult to attend a standard class, since conflicts in scheduling will most likely occur. Contact an academic counselor for assistance in determining your specific graduation requirements at (805) 378-1400 ext. 1428.
- Become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and work in a hospital. Full certified nursing assistant courses may be found at other local community colleges and vocational education programs.
- To assist you in the nursing program, other courses you may consider taking are as follows:
- NS M16 - Study Skills for the Nursing Student
- LS M04 - Reading & Reasoning
- LS M04L - Reading & Reasoning Laboratory
- NTS M01 - Nutrition
- HS M15 - Pharmacology
- NS M19 - Medical Terminology
- NS M25 - Basic Pathophysiology
- MATH M15 -Introductory Statistics
- ENGL M01B -Critical Thinking and Comp
- Complete coursework toward earning a Bachelor's degree. Contact an academic counselor for assistance (805) 378 - 1428.
- Prepare your family and support system for your entry into the nursing program. To help initiate a conversation with your family and loved ones, a Student-Family Activity guide may be found in the Forms section of this website.