Location: Library/Learning Resources Building, Third Floor & Room 322
TLC Services are free to all Moorpark College students. Services and resources include tutoring, individual consultations, workshops and print materials.
- Math & Sciences – Tutors are available for drop-in assistance in Math and Science courses such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Computer Science. The Math & Science Center is open Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 6:00pm and Friday 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM. See the Math & Science Center web page for more details and the drop-in schedule for information about tutors who can assist with specific classes.
- Writing – Writing Center tutoring is available by appointment. Tutors are available Monday -Thursday 10am-6pm and Friday 9-12. Email tutoring is also available. See Writing Center web page for open appointments and for email tutoring information.
- Subject Tutoring Schedule - Subject Tutoring is available on a drop-in basis and includes the following subjects: Spanish, Anatomy/Physiology, and Psychology. For more details regarding days and times visit the Subject Tutoring Schedule.
Course Embedded Tutoring (CET) & Subject Tutoring
Beth Gillis Smith
Tutorial Services Specialist II
Learning Center Outcomes
Students who use the Learning Center will be able to apply learning strategies and basic skills to succeed in college. The Learning Center enables students to:
- Assess their learning needs and create individualized learning plans
- Use resources to develop the college skills and/or achieve the goals of their learning plans;
- Acquire skills that develop life-long learning habits
- Apply learning strategies and basic skills to independently succeed in college.
Moorpark College is committed to providing an equal opportunity to students, employees, and the public, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status. Please call (805) 378-1403 or see the college catalog for more detail.