UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) Certification
If you plan to apply to UCLA as a member of the Honors Program, you need to be TAP certified:
1. Successfully complete the Honors Program at Moorpark College.
2. Your first or alternate major must be in the UCLA College of Letters and Science.
3. You must have a minimum 3.25 GPA (UC transferable).
4. Meet the terms for your major:
You must have completed all required major prep for your major (AND courses toward your alternate major if you have one.)
If you are applying to UCLA in a highly selective major (see list, below*), you must have at least a 3.4 overall GPA, and at least a 3.0 GPA in your major prep. If your GPA is between 3.25 and 3.4, you MUST declare an alternate major and meet with a transfer counselor. If you do not, we will NOT TAP certify you. (*This list can change year to year so make sure to check each year for any changes)
If you are applying to UCLA in a non-highly selective major, you must have at least a 3.25 overall GPA, and at least a 3.0 in your major prep. If you do not meet these requirements, we will NOT TAP certify you.
You must list your major and alternate major on your UC application when you apply in the fall. These CANNOT be changed subsequently, so be sure that you meet with a transfer counselor BEFORE you complete your application to ensure that you are listing appropriate majors for both your primary and alternate.
Note: We strongly recommend that all of our students who are planning to be TAP certified declare an alternate major, whether your major is highly selective or not.
Learn more about choosing an alternate major (scroll to the bottom of the page)
*UCLA Highly Selective Majors:
- Pre-Business Economics
- Communication Studies
- Pre-Global Studies
- Pre-Human Biology and Society (B.A. and B.S.)
- Pre-International Development Studies
- Pre-Mathematics/Financial Actuarial
- Pre-Political Science
5. You must attend an Honors Exit workshop at Moorpark College.
6. You must meet with an Honors counselor for your certification meeting, which takes place during your last Spring semester. For TAP certification to UCLA, this is mandatory for admission.