What is CalFresh?

The CalFresh Program, formerly known as Food Stamps and federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), can add to your food budget to put healthy and nutritious food on the table.  

The amount of the benefit is based on the size of your household, your income, and your bills. CalFresh benefits come on a plastic card, called the Golden State Advantage Card, which you can use just like a bank card at most food stores. 

This is a Federal Funded Program and only permanent residents or citizens can qualify for the program.  Parents with children who are citizens can apply on their child’s behalf.

How do I Apply?

If you wish to apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), please contact Claudia Solorzano at the locations listed below or click one of  the links below:



    Remote Assistance     

Claudia Solorzano


Phone: 805-553-4703






In order to be eligible to apply for Calfresh as a student, the student must: 

If you are a student between the ages of 18 and 49, enrolled in at least 6 units, have no meal plan (or have a meal plan that provides ten or less of your meals/week), you must also meet any ONE of the following:

  • Working and getting paid for an average of 20 hours per week OR a total of 80 hours a month
  • Approved (or awarded or accepted) for federal or state work study, anticipates working, and has not refused a work assignment (can still be eligible even if a work study job has not begun or is not currently available) 
  • Students attending community college, receiving Cal Grant A and falling within the following qualifications: unmarried; AND 25 years of age or younger; AND household income less than $50,000
  • Students attending CSU or UC, receiving Cal Grant A OR B, and falling within the following qualifications: unmarried; AND 25 years of age or younger; AND household income less than $50,000 
  • Be enrolled in a state funded program that increases employability (EOP, EOPS, WIOA, DSPS, SAS, CARE, US McNair, Puente Project, or MESA) 
  • Be enrolled in a program that increases employability for current and former foster youth (Guardian Scholars, FYSI, CAFYES, Chafee (ETC), or Extended Foster Care) 
  • Be exerting parental control over a dependent household member under the age of 6 OR between the age of 6 and 12 with no adequate childcare (as determined by the county on a case‐by‐case basis)
  • Be a single parent of a dependent household member under the age of 12 AND enrolled full‐time (6 units)
  • Participating in the CalFresh Employment and Training Program (CFET) or be a recipient of CalWORKs or JOBS Other things to consider: 
  • Unpaid internships or volunteer work do not count towards the work requirement 
  • Students who live with their parents must be 22 years of age or older to apply as an individual household
  • International, DACA, and DREAM students may not be eligible, even with a work VISA/SSN
Family Size

Monthly Gross

Income Limit (200% FPL)


1 person $2,082  
2 people $2,820  
3 people $3,556  
4 people $4,292  
5 people $5,030  
6 people $5,766  

Household = a person living alone or a group of people living together (they do not have to be related) who buy food and make meals together. *Minimum amount is $16/month

What should I bring?

CalFresh Application Checklist