The Appointment with a Librarian service allows you to reserve appointments with librarians for up to one hour of uninterrupted, personalized research assistance.
You can meet online with a librarian two ways:
- Schedule an appointment with a librarian by calling 805-278-1472 or click on the “schedule online appointment” button on an individual librarian Cranium Café Card.
- Enter a drop in chat or online conversation during designated drop in times (see directions below).
How to enter a drop in:
- Use a Chrome or Firefox web browser on your computer or tablet (not Safari)
- When a librarian is available for drop in, you will see a ONLINE indicator. Click the “Click for drop in” button.
- Select the red canvas icon and use your MyVCCCD Student ID/password to log in.
- Once logged in, you can chat message the librarian or you will be asked to ENTER MEETING/LOBBY to have an online conversation with the librarian (if they are busy you will be added to the waiting room lobby).