Second Year Experience (SYE) is designed to help second-year students, or higher, with Leadership, Transfer, and Career Development at Moorpark College.
SYE Provides students with Success Coaches, as well as personalized Academic Counseling services. SYE Academic Counselors will help students create a comprehensive educational plan to guide students and view progress towards their educational goals.
The SYE program is funded through the Collaborative for Hispanics in Higher Education & Student Success (CHESS).
- Individualized counseling appointments to assist in developing your Comprehensive Educational Plan
- Student Success Coaches, one-on-one support to connect you to resources on campus.
- Career, Transfer, and Leadership Workshops and Programming
- Computer lab (with free printing!)*
- Lounge and study space for relaxation, studying, reading etc.*
- A communal fridge & microwave*
*Available when campus classes resume
- Minimum 1 Student Success Coach appointment per semester
- 1 Counseling appointment per semester.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 units minimum) if you are unable to maintain this status please connect with a success coach for assistance!