Welcome to the Moorpark College Counseling Department's PASS (Probation and Student Success) Workshop!
Sometimes we encounter roadblocks and challenges, like academic probation, while we work towards our goals. This workshop will help students understand what it means to be on academic probation. We will review the consequences of probation and how students can improve to get off probation. We will share resources that students can utilize to succeed academically while in college.
Completion of Online Workshop & Next Steps:
Please note: Download and save all documents to your computer first before filling out & meeting with a counselor for processing!
- In order to receive credit for completion, please complete the Academic Success Worksheet
- If you are requesting an increase in units, you will need to meet with a counselor using one of the methods listed below & may need to submit a progress report of your current classes to the counselor you meet with.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor OR utilize our Virtual or In-Person Drop In Express Counseling Service.
In this workshop, students will be able to:
- Identify their academic standing and consequence of their probation status
- Apply at least 1 strategy to improve their academic standing
- Explain how a personal strength will help them improve their academic standing
- Learn the process for requesting additional units while on probation
Please review the following modules and complete the appropriate sections on your Academic Success Worksheet.