College Search Online Resources
For more information contact:
Phone: (805) 378-1536
ASSIST (www.assist.org) is the official statewide repository of transfer information. Assist can help you determine what classes are comparable from the Community College System to the UC or CSU system, and how those courses will be applied towards meeting the major preparation goals.
1. Use ASSIST at www.assist.org
2. Explore transfer information by selecting an institution "Moorpark College" or another college from the drop-down list.
3. Select an Academic Year.
4. Select the campus you plan to transfer to from the drop-down list.
5. Select your major from the drop-down list (example: business).
6. A new page will appear outlining the articulation agreement between the chosen community college and the university.
7. Read through the details! The classes shown on the left are those required by the university, and the classes on the right are the equivalent courses offered at the chosen community college.
8. Click the print option at the top of the screen or click on "Change Report or Institution" to view a different articulated agreement.
9. Review the transfer agreements and options with a Moorpark College Counselor by scheduling an appointment (FH 110) or call (805) 378-1536 .
California community college students who complete certain academic requirements are guaranteed transfer to a participating HBCU.
Click here for more information regarding the HBCU Transfer Admission Guarantee Pathway
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have an excellent academic track record. While only about 17 percent of black undergraduate students attend an HBCU, more than 28 percent of African-Americans who receive a bachelor’s degrees obtain them from an HBCU. These colleges and universities are also leading institutions in awarding degrees to African-American students in the life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics and engineering programs.
Thanks to an agreement signed March 17, 2015 between the California Community Colleges and several HBCUs, California community college students who complete certain academic requirements are guaranteed transfer to a participating HBCU.
The objective of the California Community Colleges Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Transfer Program is the development of Transfer Guarantee Agreements that will facilitate a smooth transition for students from all of the California Community Colleges to partnered HBCUs. These agreements will simplify the transfer process and reduce students’ need to take unnecessary courses, thereby shortening the time to degree completion with a cost savings.