You have applied to a university, now what?
- Submit official transcripts via your VCCCD student portal (if asked by the university)
- Complete any Transfer Supplemental Applications (deadlines vary from campus to campus)
- If you applied to a UC campus, complete the UC update by January 31.
- If you applied to any CSU campus, complete the Cal State Apply update (deadlines vary).
- File FREE Online Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Meet with a Moorpark College Counselor to apply for any degrees earned and/or IGETC or CSU General Education Certification. Deadline to apply for a degree is March 4, 2021.
- Research and apply for scholarships (each university may have separate scholarship applications on their financial aid webpage).
- Admissions decisions typically start to roll out in February (some may be earlier and some may come March-May).
- Begin to explore housing options. Housing information is usually included in your offer for admissions and/or along with Student Intent to Enroll (SIR).
March - April:
- To earn a transfer recognition award, let the Moorpark College Transfer Center know where you will be attending in the fall.
- If you applied for FAFSA, you will receive a financial aid packet (aka financial award letter) via email from most universities. The financial aid packet will provide detailed description of how much money you will receive at the university. This award is most often posted to your university portal.
- If possible, visit prospective campuses during open house events.
- Submit Student Intent to Register (SIR) to UC and CSU schools. See your university portal for exact deadlines.
- Attend the Moorpark College Commencement if you applied for an associate degree.
- Check your email on a regular basis for important updates, requirements, and documents you need to send to each university.
- Check your university portal regularly! Missing important deadlines often means a withdrawal of your application.
- If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask a counselor for help!
Other Important Steps:
- Appeals - Students usually have 15 days to appeal an admission decision, make sure you check appeal deadlines!
- Waitlists - Each UC campus handles the waitlist opt-in process a little differently but most UCs will have an opt-in deadline of May 15, but some campuses may have different deadlines. We recommend that you carefully review the waitlist information and/or FAQ from the campus that offered you waitlist before opting in.
- Submit an on-campus housing application. If you are applying for on-campus housing, you can submit an application once you get your student ID number. Most campuses have a first come, first served procedure. Applications can be found on the school's housing web page.
- Attend your university orientation! Most orientations are held in June and July. Some campuses will have a transfer orientation.
- Submit your final official transcripts to the university you are attending. Deadlines vary!
- Contact the Moorpark College Transfer Center for more information: Fountain Hall Room 110, or call 1-805-378-1536 or email MCCTC@VCCCD.EDU